Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Topbox - March 2010

Hey Everyone!

 So I got my first Topbox and I wanted to share it with you guys. I'll start by telling you that in this Topbox we got 5 samples, so one Bonus sample, which was awesome.

Inside my Topbox was:

1. Mark Gloss Gorgeous Stay On Lip Stain in the color Frilly Froufrou.
I liked the way this went on, very smooth and easy to apply but it had a menthol smell that was a little strong for me and it was very tingly on my lips (kind of reminded me of LipVenom by Duop). The color I got was a pinky coral color that went on with med shine (I wouldn't say high shine as Mark describes it) and did do a good job of drying to a stain that lasted a few hours (I'd say 3 to 4 hours) even after drinking and eating. We did get a full sized sample of this product and from my understanding some people got the shade Bella, I love how Topbox sends you products based on your skin tones!



Full Size is worth $11 (online price) and we got a full sized product.
Score: 4/5

Why?
While I love the color and texture of this product on my lips I hate the pen style lip gloss cause you never know how much product is coming up and the minty smell is very strong.

2. Mark Nailed It Trend Mini Nail Lacquers in Violet Daze and Tickled Pink.
Don't let the small bottle fool you, these are a full sized item. I am not a huge nail polish girl to be honest, I have 2 kids and I'm lucky if I ever have color on my nails but I really loved the light pink color of these two. It went on with just one coat and looked amazing the purple needed two coats but was very pretty as well. On me these lasted about 5 days before chipping and that's pretty good considering I wash dishes and bath a baby almost everyday.


Full Size is worth $7 (online price) and we got a full sized product.
Score: 4.5/5

Why?
I love that the pink covers in one coat and just wish they were a little bit bigger or that Mark sold full size nail polish in this color.

If you want to know more about Mark or purchase the above items you can go to:
www.meetmark.com

3. CARGO Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Devon.
This color is a very pretty matte ivory and could be used a inner corner or brow bone highlight shade. It is very smooth but needs to be built up. It starts out sheer and you can add more layers for a deeper intensity.



Full Size is worth $18.50 (Canadian online price) and we got a full sized product.
Score: 3.5/5

Why?
The packaging is very original in it's tin form but I don't like that it takes so much build up to get to a color I would use and I think it's priced very high.

You can purchase CARGO at:
www.cargocosmetics.com

4. REDKEN Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner
These were just the small typical shampoo and conditioner samples (we got 2 packages) but I love REDKEN and do dye my hair a lot so I am looking forward to using these.


Full Size for both shampoo and conditioner is worth $32 and we got a $2.40 worth of product.
Score: For the sample itself I would score it low cause it's so small but REDKEN is an amazing brand so I would score them high just for quality so I'm not scoring it.

REDKEN'S Website:
www.redken.ca/

5. BONUS ITEM
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
When I tried one of these the other day I was very surprised to find it didn't dry my skin out. I don't like the smell at all but all in all they work for a makeup wipe.


Full Size is worth $10.99 and we got $3.80 worth of product (7 wipes)
Score: 4/5

Why?
It didn't remove my eyeliner and I don't like the smell but it left my face feeling refreshed instead of dry like most wipes do.

Check out Simple's website:
www.simple.co.uk

Well that's everything!



Final Thoughts:
In total we got $42.70 in product for only $10.00. I think Topbox is a great value and a great service for anyone wanting to try new products, build on their current ones or maybe try a new brand you  might never have heard of.

Score for March 2012 Topbox: 4.5/5

You can also get on the wait list for a Topbox by going to their website:
www.topbox.ca

Hope this was informative and if you want to watch the YouTube review you can find it here:



Have an awesome day and don't forget to subscribe and like my blog and vlog!

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment